Thursday, September 13, 2012

One train hides another?

Funny how I feel somewhat disappointed with myself when I found out that someone who once caught my attention is being courted by another - even though I don't see myself doing anything (which adds to the disappointment).

Courage? Fate? Perhaps now's not the time? Or perhaps I'm too used to spending time without anyone else. Insyaallah, one day.

On my way to work every morning, I often cross path with another who holds the hand of a younger brother and waits for his school bus to come. Some days, the bus would wait near the traffic light impatiently - judging from its incessant loud honks. And as I walk towards the traffic light to get to the train station, I would see her walking briskly with her brother by her side. I couldn't help but notice that her brother was wearing the uniform of a special school. I couldn't help but wonder her routine every morning. Her patience and love for her younger brother every morning catches my eye. 

Sometimes, if I'm a minute later than usual, she'd walk towards me, towards where she came from. And I'd look anywhere but her like as though I never noticed her. Perhaps one day, I'll look at her and smile. Say hi.

Or perhaps not.

No comments: