Friday, March 22, 2013

Between 2 hearts

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect."


Surah Ar-Rum, 30:21

I may have read the above verse several times when I was younger during weekly Quran sessions. But I first learnt about the meaning of the above during a lecture in NTU with the theme being love and all. 


And it made me wonder then how the above could actually transpire. Will the love and mercy between hearts be before or after someone makes the move? 


Ah. "The move". Of all the "moves" that Ive heard of through word of mouth, I seem to fancy how my late dad made his move. It seems that a friend of my mom left my mom's number in my dad's van - hoping that he'll see the number and call my mom. He did. 2 years later.


Jodoh tak kan ke mana, mama would always say.


Perhaps as days go by, the more I say I'm not ready, the more I'm closer to saying I'm somewhat ready. Perhaps, having another person in your life might aid you in becoming the better person you want to be.


Perhaps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is said that if both parties love each other for the sake of Allah swt, the love will be strong and pure :)

marzuki said...

May we all be able to experience such love with those around us. (:

I remember someone sharing sthg similar too. But that's about people who meet and part for the sake of Allah.

http://marzuki210.blogspot.sg/2012/06/shaded-seven.html?m=1

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing (:

When you think about it, everything we do shd be for Allah swt? To achieve mardhatillah ((:

So what is stopping you from making the 'move'. Go for it! (:

marzuki said...

Agreed!

And on what's stopping me, well... Haha. Insyaallah!