Sunday, May 5, 2013

When reservist and weddings collide

Today's technically Day 3 of 16 of my annual reservist. It's been such a wonderful break from work and I've never felt more relaxed and refreshed. It's nice to be able to meet individuals whom you only meet once a year yet they still feel dear to me. 3 of my camp buddies recently got married, 1 is getting married at the end of this year, another getting engaged this year and getting married next year. I lost count. At this rate, the remaining 6 in-camp-training over the next 6 years will be like going to a Malay wedding and people will take time to catch up with you and ask the question,

"Bro, so when are you getting married?" or ...

"Bro, so when's your engagement?" or ...

"Bro, are you seeing anyone at the moment? A girlfriend perhaps?" or ...

"Bro, seriously, still not seeing anyone? Let me know if you need my help."

I don't know which is worse - the makciks at weddings or fellow soldiers in camp! haha. I guess any pressure is good pressure - not that I need any, I think. And as I lay in my bunk bed staring at the big blue sky, I wonder a never ending wonder.

Ah, when reservist and weddings talks collide. I've been warned.







No comments: