Monday, June 18, 2012

Fathers Day

Fathers Day reminds me that that it's been 6 years since the day Dad left us. The date was the 18th June 2006.

6 years later, 18th June 2012, I struggle to fall asleep. My first day of work - and I'm nervous. I worry about stuffs that I know is pointless to think about - so I'm shutting that train of thoughts down. The mind still thinks that I'm a student. The heart feels that I'm still Mama's eldest little boy and that I'm still just that annoying elder brother to my siblings. As I select what to wear for my first day, it's starting to sink in that I'm not getting any younger.

The shoes that Dad left me is starting to fit in pretty nicely. As I become the guy with that slightly deeper pockets who'll spoil his mum and siblings more often, I guess I'll have to start asking myself the question: "What's next?"

"Wahai Tuhanku. Sayangilah kedua ibu bapaku sebagaimana mereka berdua telah mendidik aku dan adik-adikku sejak waktu kecil lagi."

No comments: