Friday, August 24, 2012

Eid 2012

Eid this year felt different from previous years. Everyone seemed more mature in thoughts, more patient with faults and flaws. More analytical too, it seems. Overheard from my bedroom my brothers and sister giving Mama an analysis of herself based on their observations. I later joined them to balance out their viewpoints. Bottomline: Each of us are unique individuals with our own unique strengths and flaws. We're meant to complement each other, not to make the other be like us.

Mama turns 60 in a week's time and she has hinted that she wants a gift - something that hasnt happened for a very long time. The last gift I bought her was an eraser from the school bookshop - it was designed like a lipstick and smells like strawberry. I really thought she'd like it - me being a little kid buying something for someone. But to my surprise, and disappointment, I was scolded for wasting my money. On hindsight, looking at myself now, I mustve been traumatised by the way she reacted and never bought her anything for her birthday (as well as anybody else's).

She added that since all of her children are all working full-time or part-time, we could get her something for her 60th.

I wonder what we should get, and how much it should cost. A couple days back, she did say that she liked the swarovski bracelet my aunt was wearing. hmm.










2 comments:

Mutiara Bernilai said...

Marzuki, Happy Eid Mubarak. Moga Allah lebih cinta dan sayang kepada kita berbanding kita yang sebelum Ramadhan..

Hadiahkanlah, jika itu yang membawa redha-nya ibu kamu kpd kamu.. :)

marzuki said...

Mutiara, eid mubarak to you as well! Moga kita menjadi insan yang lebih takut akan saat bertemu dengan Tuhan. (: