Friday, April 24, 2009

A brilliant end to a quick first year

Time that seem to pass me by so quickly has finally slowed down.... for now...

A brilliant semester as far as I'm concerned. Just hope the results come 22nd of May dun disappoint. But if they do, I just got to work extra smarter in the coming semester coz there's no way I'll look back and say that I regretted not working any harder.

I realised this semester, the benefits of studying in a close-knit group as compared to studying alone. The things I learn by bouncing ideas around in my group clearly helped me a significant lot in my exams. It helps going into the exams knowing the things I knew as well as the things that they knew. At least I know im not missing out on something.

Perhaps doing things in isolation has become a thing of the past for me, at least with regards to my academic life. But it wasnt really something that i wish i could change.

Studying in isolation back in my earlier school days had definitely made me realise the things that i can accomplish on my own. It made me less dependant on others while stretching my own self to see my true potential. I'd like to think I'd be better than that other boy or that foreign student one day. While I'd often say that it's genetically not possible given the fact that im carrying the "melayu" gene, I do know that the day i really believe in that will be the day I slide down that slippery slope.

People telling me that they think i'll do well is a pleasant surprise. Dun really see the things that i have done to make them say the things they say but to hear them say that, it's an indication to me that I'm at least doing some things right.

I just hope it's more than just that
confidence i exude and my optimistic view of things.

No comments: