Saturday, April 7, 2012

A world without pictures



Toying around with the settings on Google Chrome resulted in me "turning off images". What this does is prevents websites from displaying images, thus reducing the loading time of webpages. In a weird way, it also makes the Net cleaner and less cluttered. It feels as though I'm walking through a wide and open and green meadow - free from distractions.

What seemed like taking a step backward begins to feel like taking a step forward. Slowly I start to realize that Facebook feels different without pictures. The absence of profile pictures allows the mind to paint the best pictures it could paint of my friends. The ever inquisitive and curious brain is no longer encouraged to take a peek at the lives of others. The mind feels freer. But I know, it's only been 10 minutes.



No comments: