Friday, March 9, 2007

I Am @ Youth.SG

A lil late i must say but this is for an ipod.


When I think youth in Singapore, I think happy bunch of people. And I think music.



But funny thing is music isn’t part of me. The only time I listen to the latest songs is when I take the lift to the library at Sun Plaza or when I buy bread at 7-11. Or during the time I see idols-to-be sing on Idol. Or scarily, through the earphones of the kid standing opposite me on the train on my way to camp.



I guess I was raised to be among a strange breed of youth – youth who do not download songs religiously and listen to them playing over and over again, while memorising their lyrics like they’re in some singing competition or something. Hmm.. maybe they are…

So, here I am trying to win and Ipod so that at the age of almost 20, I can learn songs and be the one guy other kids listen to when they watch Idol. You’ll never know…. And if I do get it, I sure like to see the jealous look on my siblings’ faces! But since i wear whatever they have, they can have whatever i have too... what goes around, goes around, goes around, Comes all the way back around...


Yup kind of like whatever Justin's songs ive heard so far... Keane has beautiful songs and corrinne may's songs are simply wonderful. And heard she's singaporean.. Wanted to share a video i saw. Cute little kids in a US school singing her song. Cant wait to see more of us achieving something like that. Who says Singapore artiste cant make it big? Right? Hope it inspires youths inclined towards music to work hard towards making their dreams a reality. =)



Been looking thru the blogs on the site and i must say tt some are preety good. Like there's always the few that are in a league of their own. Guess i too could reach a certain level if i tried. So here i am taking my first step. My first step out of my comfort zone.

Hmmm… that said, I enjoyed writing this piece. Win or lose I’m glad I published.

No comments: