Monday, March 5, 2007

i am @ youth.sg


Some friend of mine sent me an email abt this competition. I checked out their site and the prizes were not bad... and they actually showed real people winning the prizes.. psp, handphone, camera... So yea, was a lil tempted to join. But then again, i am no competition kind of person. Im the kind who prefers to stay under the radar(ie. stay at home) I wouldnt want to make myself known to the public. Its just so not me.

Saw entries by people who wrote in. Read entries of past winners. And youths really do blog. The grand prize of this comp's a macbook.

Looking back at my past entries, the one abt the$1499 computer, how laaaag- ing my com has become.. it slowly sank into me that the mail from the friend was an opportunity.... a chance to get a new com without having to fork out a single cent. All i need to do is write an entry about what iam@youth.sg means to me. And if i write ok, people will vote for my entry and hopefully id be the one who brings home the macbook.

So then come the question of what are the odds of me winning? What if i lose? WOuld that make me a lousy blogger? Who would vote for me? I only have a handful of friends.

But i seem to have become a slightly different person havin been thru my fair share of hard times. Id like to think more along the line of Why not just submit an entry and get people to read it and see what they think about it? If they like it, they vote. If not, at least they know where to go to see how im doing.

I kind of like this quote by Robert J sternberg : No matter how gifted you are analytically, you will not become successful unless you publish. And to publish, you must work hard at writing about creative and innovative ideas." (Adapted from The Millionaire Mind by Thomas J Stanley)

I guess i'll never know how good or how bad i write unless i publish. So having said that, this entry might very well be an intro to how i started writing an entry with the goal of going home with a macbook at the end of the day.

And if i do write, spread the word. Vote for me. haha ... and if ive moved at least one of you bloggers to blog too, im glad to know ive made the competition a lil more competitive...

Well then, look out for updates. Gotta book in right about now.

Smille always. And always always always ..... look on the bright side of life.

No comments: