Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine over lunch.

My friend asked me which kind of girls i prefer. I told my friend i prefer nice girls. My friend gave me the "Who doesnt want a nice girl?" look and clarified, "Malays or Others?" ie to say, Chinese, Europeans, American, Korean- American, Malay- German, Malay- Dutch -- just not Malay. And im inferring Javanese-Malay, Malay-Boyanese, Boyanese-Javanese doesnt count as others.

It was an "either or" question but my answer was neither "either" nor "or". After much deliberation, i told my friend race is not a factor in determining my future wife or not-so-future girlfriend(s), if any. My friend proceeded to ask what would my mother say if i were to marry one that would fall under the "Others" category. To which i replied "I think she's ok with it. She seems ok when i joke to her about it. I don't think she would mind....."

In other words, i wasnt sure.

Those and other questions i hardly ask myself. But these are the questions i thought i clearly knew the answers. But when discussed aloud, the answers are clearly not as obvious as i previously thought.


What are ur criteria when deciding if someone's one of "the one"?
Religion first, looks second? Looks first, .......second and so on and so forth?

I told my friend that i never really thought about it as i may be thinking too idealistically where in fact, i should be more realistic. Coz i told my friend that i would noe it when i meet the person. But that said, I told my friend that though i cant say off hand what my criterias are, I believe the selection process have begun a long time back without me realising.

Personally, I find that someone who can engage you in conversations is someone whom u should take note of. And of course the conversation shouldnt be a one sided one.

Alright this would be as far as i would go, for now. The things i am thinking about when i'm 20. Wonder if in 10 year's time, would i be reading this alone or with someone else?

No comments: