Tuesday, June 17, 2008


My Chemical Romance, or should i say, romance with Chemistry has officially come to an end.

Was asked by a neighbour to teach -- of all subjects, chemistry. Told him my history with Chemistry and that i would give it a shot for a lesson and see how it goes.
My history with Chemistry
Always felt that Chemistry is a fun subject.
Mixing chemicals here and there. Who knows i might be a scientist one day?
However, after failing all my chemistry tests in Sec 3, I was advised to drop
it. But thinking that ive got "passion" for Chem and my self-believe that i can
do it, i held on to the subject.

I end up doing better in Chem than Physics for my Os,
which i myself find rather odd.

Same thing happened in JC -- the failing part. But
lightning doesnt strike twice. Ended up just passing my chEmistry. That was when i realised chemistry is more than
just mixing chemicals and having fun.

It's about the mol and the calculations and the cations
and anions and the electrolysis and the organic chemistry and the list just
refuse to end.

To cut the story short, i told my neighbour, "I'm sorry, I cant teach Chemistry. However, just revise and try your best coz ive failed my tests and ended up doing better than my Physics."

And he replied, "I'll bring physics and maths when i come down next week." Not that im good at Physics and Maths..... im just better at it than chemistry.

Though my romance with Chemistry is over, she still refuses to leave me alone. Im aware that ive got Chemistry during my first year in NTU.

We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

then, as is clear from your entry - there is no choice but to romance your first year in university with a little bit more chemistry :p