Monday, September 7, 2009

Time Poverty



Time poverty seems to be an apt term to describe the present moment. 4 weeks have passed. And I can already see the coming 10 weeks approaching yet I feel as though there's nothing much that I can do about it. And an article I stumbled upon tells me that there's actually nothing I can do about it.

Twenty four hours will pass in a day no matter what you do. You cant store or collect time, nor can you grasp it in this moment.

I seem to waste precious time worrying about time. Thoughts and dreams have been responsible for a significant portion of my time. But lately, Ive been thinking and dreaming less and less and suddenly, the river of life flows with such frightening rush that the white cloud, the blue sky, the scenic mountains, the sweet smelling flowers, the lush green fields, the birds, the bees, the butterflies, the rabbits and all the other beautiful things in between are all but just a blur.

And when things begin to blur, one only needs to stop - And smell the sweet smelling roses.

1 comment:

Joemill said...

I've had my fair share of what I prefer to call a sudden drought of time despite having still weeks or days long before "the day." One reason which is often true with me is procrastination. Ha ha! And man, I hate it when I'm there cramming! Wish I'd have a change of attitude towards time, value it more. :)