Saturday, May 21, 2011

Programming



To be standing on the fringe of camps and criticizing the way camps are being run is easy. Too easy. I had the opportunity to observe 3 camps from 3 different point of views: that of a logistical helper, a station master and a facilitator.

To finally be part of a camp's programming team was a natural progression. And I must say that after much observation, it's no easy feat. The amount of hours that goes into planning and replanning due to changes after changes is ... wow. Long day today. Too long, I feel. Some things don't feel right but I just cant seem to pinpoint where exactly. I've yet to piece the different pieces of the jigsaw together. Time's not on my side given the fact that work starts in 2 days time.

Will see what what happens over the course of the next 3 weeks.

No comments: