Friday, October 28, 2011

Time



This is, I believe, the second time this semester that I'm camping out in school. Sometimes, some quiet nights are needed to get things done. For some reason, whenever I'm home, I tend to watch TV with the brothers, have late dinner and chat a while with the mother, and facebook. And then when I'm about to get down to business, I'd tell myself that business can wait till tomorrow.

So tonight is a very cold night after a long day's rain. The cold's keeping me awake. That, and the thrill of mind-mapping. I mapped out an entire module, analysed four past year papers and have decided the two of three questions to do during exams. I'd probably print out the MCQ sections for the past 8 papers and find the answers soon. I could use a jacket, a warm cup of milo and probably some company right about now. But there's something nice and comforting when you're on your own though. Rather than the feeling of loneliness, I feel as though someone's wathching over me.

Ive read somewhere that if one makes time for Allah, He'll make time for you. And that if you don't, you'll probably feel as though time is not by your side. The concept of time has been playing on my mind this past couple days.

School has always been hectic. I was at the second page of Surah Yasin for around 8 weeks. A tad too long. I realized I haven't been spending enough time to read and reread and actually memorize the verses, let alone read and reread the meanings of those verses. To memorize a page is tough but with enough practice, insyaallah, it gets easier.

The same can then be said about my studies. If I put in as much time and effort into sitting down quietly and study, insyaallah, it'll get easier. I should stop seeing the hours spent reading and memorizing as hours that could've been better spent on studying. Rather, those hours spent are hours that would've otherwise gone to waste.

Alhamdulillah, 3 pages left.

By time,
Indeed Mankind is in loss,
Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
(Surah Al-'Asr)

No comments: