Thursday, December 2, 2004

Hello! Hello! Hola!!

Hey all!... Behold! My first entry.

I first saw blogging as a waste of time and something "only people who hv nthg better to do" do. I have to confess that I am wrong. It's cool to be able to see wat others do everyday as well as them seeing wat u do everyday. I saw blogging as a boring "sport" but HOCK's blog made it seems fun. The same thing happened with ankle socks. I was once amused why people like my sister wear ankle socks and say that never in a million years would i wear one AND guess wat?...I wear them now. Looks like I am the last person on Earth to finally own a blog and wear ankle socks.LOL.

Anyway....my friend Hock told me that its good to have a blog so that i can talk about "hehe". Wats "hehe"? I am not very sure myself.....hmm....yah.....so juvenile... So here I am, writing my very first entry.

So much for an introduction.

Today was a very boring day. As was the whole of November. But Service Learning(SL), a community service we at Anderson Junior College have to do, changed my holiday mood. Volunteering have never been so fun. The people there were friendly and highly sociable. It made me feel as though I am already part of their family. It should have been introduced in secondary or even primary schools.

Did my SL at Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) which is located along Upper Thomson Road. Had to sidewalk alongside horses and assist the disabled riders....make sure they don't fall and all. Its a very very simple task but they lacked volunteers over there. For example, once school reopens come January, we will no longer be available to offer our services and I can't imagine how they'll manage everything. So I hope those of you who are willing to offer your services to the RDA will approach the RDA and be a volunteer. Adib, another classmate of mine, can't wait for SL. He missed the training session the class had and wasn't able to join me and Hock and Co. for our SL. Haaha...because of the "hehe" I guess...rite Hock?

I'll talk about the "hehe" now. WAIT......I am afraid my first entry is too long...Dun care...Anw, i'll continue with my story. At RDA, the volunteers there are mostly foreigners....ppl frm Denmark like Debbie and Krysten, Scotland like Pat, the UK, GERMANY....u name it...some are young(17-30) while some are old (30-50++?).

On Monday, we volunteers were walking to the bus stop -- me, Hock, Wei Yan, Jing Yuan, Wilson, and Wendy...and Tamara.....hehe...a new pal we met. Her mum's frm Germany or so say's Hock who says Wendy told him that. Meaning she does not look local. I happen to be heading to Queensway Shopping to get a pair of soccer boots...and have to cross over to the other side of the road. Tamara too....by coinidence takes the bus on the other side. Hock and Co. need not cross over, leaving me and her walk... Hock started calling my name, gesturing something which i didn't see. Haha....being the kids that we are, I knew wat was happening. Nvr see boy girl walking together, which seems to be the case. Haha...

"How juvenile can they get?" She said. And we walked to the other side. And Hock's been teasing me ever since. That's Monday's story...and that's the "hehe"......And frens of mine...dun believe Hock totally. But it seems Adib will second Hock's stories once he joins us nxt week. Haha.

Today, we had lunch at the Polo Club. Waaah! So ex....didn't noe dat. If I did, I wouldn't have accepted their invite. And Hock and Wilson and Wei Yan wouldn't hv followed "my lead". Didn't eat there... Mimicking me was Hock and Wilson. Seriously, very very expensive. Lucky the plain water free. Haha. Not that I lack the funds, but like Hock said " go coffeeshop can buy two plates of carrot cake that Wei Yan bought". Funny i noe. The conversation we had was even more funny. Wait...those at the table was us guys, Tamara, and Krysten( she led the horse I sidewalked and we became frens)...and Nici joined us some time later. It's funny to see us guys so quiet while the girls talk. They were so OPEN and we were like ...huh(*Jaws wide open*). We couldn't join in their conversation simply because we didn't noe how to. Haha. I did talk occasionally but it seems as though that wasn't enough. We couldn't wait to go. Haha. Not because we hate them or anything but simply because we felt out of place. Anyhow, the lunch, though how funnie me and Hock and Co. feel, was a learning point in a way. We learnt that we were unable to have conversations with foreign ppl. But we have to choose whether to improve ourselves or isolate ourselves from them.

I, who always like to be in isolation, would choose the former. How bout you Hock??

That's all for today, thx Hock!...without you, there will never be ALi's blog. Thx also to Adib, who assured me that it is not difficult to have a blog. And I find it interesting to write an entry. For your information, I've written 3 pages of stuff in our class journal for my first entry......while others onli a pg or at most 2. Looks like I am someone who is into writing crappy stuff...lol....The most important thing is i love doing it. Looks like December will be a month to look forward to....Goodbye boring November!

No comments: