Saturday, December 18, 2004

What's next in life?

I have always been one who lives life by the minute. Occasionally, I ll look into the future but most of the time... living day by day as it past. What do I want to be when I grow up? I had a thing for aero stuffs...whether its becoming a pilot, the technology involved in planes and helicopters.... This was my dream when I was 11 years old. Thats when most of us have all the time in the world to dream, to imagine...

6 yrs down the road, I've become a mugger....study study study.... not that I become any smarter.... no dreams... nothing. Hock mentioned something about making his first million before 28 during one of our Project Work meeting... 1-2 wks before Oral Presentation.[ Basically it turned out to be more of a bonding session. I slept for 1 hour.... so did the other 3 ... we needed a break. We slept in an empty classrom.
Cool huh for a PW grp. Don't think we did much then...but still, I feel that my PW grp is the best!]

Anw, we were talking about Hock and his million dollar dream. I was like hmm....."Hey!That could be my dream! Since I couldn't really think about what I wanna be in future....why not adopt this 'million dollar dream'??" So found out that this could be a reality.... This is still my dream.

And tonight, a friend of mine asked...something along the line of ..have I been looking around for information regarding overseas universities and scholarships. Obviously, I did not. BUt she really made time stopped for me and made me think carefully.... "shouldn't there be a purpose in my life?"...."I should at least have an idea/dream of wat is available to me after JC"....we talked about degrees ,masters , phd..... introduces to me to the concept of life after JC....She gave me Cambridge's website for me to look ard...wow!...Cambridge was THE university I always hear about in school when I was eleven....[back then, my teacher was the greatest] So, she once again kind of made time stopped for me again and made me think..." Was it a joke?...asking me to look at Cambridge?".

Of course I knew it wasnt. I knew that if she thinks its possible for me to be heading there in future, why shouldn't I think likewise? Why must I always see myself as a lowly-creature that can't do much? Been struggling with academics nor am I good in sports. But this shouldn't be MY excuse to look down on myself!
I keep forgetting this though.

ANw, she also mentioned about London's IMperial College direct masters in aerospace engineering...4 yrs.. and this rekindled my childhood dream.

I do have a dream after all. It was there all along... buried deep in me. Everyone out there have a dream-- it's just a matter of searching deep within.

What's next in life? I know that I shouldnt be living as the days roll by. I should look ahead by years. An engineer in the making, a millionaire in the making or a pilot in the making? That's what's next in life. ANd I have to work hard to turn all these dreams into reality.....

So Cambridge, here I come!

No comments: