Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No one gave you the right to hurt



Reintrospection: Thoughts and Reflections is where you'll find my, well, thoughts and reflections on anything and everything.

Writing allows me to navigate through the mess in my head and tackle the root of the problems. Before something gets published, entries go through layers of checks. After publishing, I'll read it a couple more times to see if all the words fall in the right places.

And when I read, I'll make sure that my words do not hurt. (Henceforth is a reminder to myself, and to whoever's reading.) This blog may be a personal space but you and I both know that privacy cease to exist when you enter the world wide web. Friends, and friends-to-be, drop by - especially those whom you share your blog with. And these individuals have personal spaces too. These individuals have feelings - feelings that ought to be respected no matter how bad you as the writer is feeling.

For the world doesn't revolve around the self. It revolves around our relationship with God, and with the people around us. And remember that no one has the right to hurt the feelings of others.

Guarding one's speech is so important that Muslims will be held accountable for everything they say: "Not a word does he (or she) utter but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it)" (Quran 50:18)

And for the hurt, remember the following: "Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for God is with those who patiently persevere." (2:153)

No comments: