Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm moved. I'm happy. I'm touched. I'm humbled. And im so thankful.

As i was spending time with my thoughts, i realised a couple of things. Today had served as a reminder to myself -- to be at constant remembrance in being grateful to Him. And i'm also reminded of a thought i had before.

To which i was told that "Subsequently, accompany in your prayers those who have touched your heart with your regular doa. the rest is His Work :)"

"What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. [Albert Pike]"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such brilliance ... but the author is unknown... alas, how unfortunate when he exudes such great wisdom :)

marzuki said...

A quick google search shows that it's by Albert Pike. I must have missed it...

Albert Pike (December 29, 1809–April 2, 1891) was an attorney, soldier, writer, and Freemason. Pike is the only Confederate military officer or figure to be honored with an outdoor statue in Washington, D.C. (in Judiciary Square).

-Wikipedia

I didnt noe how best to describe. =)

Anonymous said...

This is a classic case of "orang lain punya minyak, sapi yang dapat nama"

Albert Pike must be devout based on your quotation, but he is a Freemason, meaning, he does not subscribe to any faith (and in his case, he is anti-Roman Catholic.

kesian anonymous ... :)