Wednesday, July 30, 2008

You're Beautiful






...I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure....

......You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do.......

.....Yes, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.....

......There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
......................................................
You're Beautiful, James Blunt


There was one that caught my eye and that'll be a story for another day.

A couple of days ago, i was feeling nervous.... just that little bit nervous. And after the event today, whatever apprehension i may have had is almost gone. Im pretty excited. CEE is indeed a Challenging Experience to be Enjoyed. Looking forward to that challenge and hoping to enjoy it! I finally understood what it means by rather than waiting for school to hit and surprise me, i should prepare and look forward to it!

A dear brother of mine once wrote, "Many of us live lives that are way too cluttered — with things, activities, obligations. We tend to fill everything up, including our calendars.

We need openness in our lives, breathing space, unfilled time. These function as reminders of new possibilities, signalling that we have room to grow, and that we can indeed grow.

In religious terms, our daily contemplation, prayers, zikr or seclusions are actually uncluttered time when we can step out of our busy schedules and stop doing what we normally do or trapped into doing. It is a time of rest, certainly, but also a sacred time when we open ourselves anew to the Divine Presence."
There's a tendency for me to fill up my calender with tuition lessons and study time and visit grandma time and what not for some reason. And upon reading the above, i realise that ive forgotten to leave some time for me to breathe. Guess i was too caught up with this and that.

Ive been coming home to an empty house of late. And it just doesnt feel right. I want someone there to ask me how's my orientation and me telling her it was fun and im looking forward to it and ill try my very best to make you very proud. But there's no one and life feels so empty. I guess having someone to take over my role might seem like a good thing but it no longer is. Some other reasons too have made both me and my sis try and persuade her to just stay at home... if need be, find a less demanding and strenous job. Hope she listens to us.

And after telling her how excited i was and how i'll do my best and the rest is up to Him, she reminded me of what he said, "Later when the kids are all grown up, they will make their mother happy." And when she asked him what about making their father happy, he replied that by then, he would be no more.

I feel that she's done well to deserve a break. Now it's time to make her happy. =)

No comments: