Friday, December 25, 2009

Blank Spaces





I've been staring at this space for quite some time now. I've ran out of stories - stories that I could write and share with whoever's reading. Hmmm... then again, I think I can somehow squeeze one in tonight.

He was reading The Zahir by Paulo Coelho last night and the following caught his eye: "The Zahir - someone or something which, once we have come into contact with them or it, gradually occupies our every thought, until we can think of nothing else." He smiled. No one else could probably describe it better than Coelho. It's no longer a secret that someone has been his Zahir for the longest of time. If writings had a scent, his would smell like a million sweet-smelling red roses.


.......


I'm stuck. Staring into space again. It's as though Santa had given me a "nothing box" this Christmas. I hope this W-block of mine is temporal. In the mean time, I shall continue with the story I started in my new notebook.

4 comments:

Jing-reed said...

I haven't read the Coelho story, but will do so ASAP. However I am familiar with the wonderful short story by J.L. Borges who first introduced the Zahir in his short story of the same name.

Hopefully your current 'block' will be of a short duration....

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

I love that paragraph.
Coelho is phenomenal.
So are you :)

marzuki said...

Jing-reed,

I'm still only at the first few pages of the book. But I cant seem to read with an open and clear mind with the thoughts that are filling my mind right now. Haha. Pleasant thoughts.

The 'block' will be a short one, that's for sure. I'm one who just writes even when Ive got nothing to write.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas (:

marzuki said...

Cairo (:

Phenomenal? Really? Wow. omg. Now I cant sleep! haha! That's the biggest complement one can ever get!

Gotta admit he's been one of my influences even though Ive only read The Alchemist and several short stories, but I hope one day I could be close to phenomenal. Thanks!