Monday, January 10, 2011

Of like natured individuals




It is said in the Quran:

It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature in order that he might dwell with her in love...(7:189)


I stumbled upon the abovesaid quote as I was researching (read: punching keywords on Google) for materials for my article. I'm in the midst of writing an article for the school magazine on Rights of a Husband and a Wife. Since I'm a guy, I've been informed to write only on the wife's right. I've found materials to talk about the wife's right after marriage(read: Divorce). But what about their rights DURING marriage? Sometimes love blinds us so much that we tend to overlook these things. But I digress.

The moment I read "like nature", I realized that perhaps, it's about time I abandon the fairytaleistic idea that opposite attracts. Perhaps, it's time I be on the look out for someone who is somewhat like me. Perhaps too, I should forget what they say about how boring life will be if you're with someone just like you. I believe that when you put 2 people of like nature together, even the mundane like staring out the window of a moving bus can be fun.

7 comments:

Mai said...

Eleven Mag?

marzuki said...

Yups, eleven! I find this topic interesting! Then next time when I get married, I can tell my wife "No, you dont have the right to ...blah blah blah - coz i've done my research."

Haha. I'm just kidding. Any idea where I can find good works on this topic?

Mai said...

yay!!! i knew u wud agree to it! haha!
These kind of thing... books are always better.
keep on writing Ali. Go go go!

marzuki said...

Yups. I just got hold of a book and some articles online as a starting point. Hoping to come up with something solid so that women don't get bullied by their men. LOL.

And duhhhh, books are always better. Tapi what books?? You're not helping. HAHA. kd.

maimanah said...

u know whats better?
gi amek kursus rumah tangga ah ali! hahaha!!

mmg not helping aahhh lol!
wait till i go back home k, see what i can find in my dad's library! it'll be fun =D

TheHoopoe said...

ah .... so, you are writing on this topic! look out for 2 of mine

marzuki said...

I think i know which two!