Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Icebreaker



If all goes well and should i not create too many excuses for myself, i'll be writing something for Project 1: "The Icebreaker" soon. So look out for it.

It's the first of 10 projects should i be so keen in this new 'venture' of mine.
OBJECTIVES
■ To begin speaking before an audience.
■ To help you understand what areas require particular emphasis in your speaking development.
■ To introduce yourself to your fellow Club members.
■ TIME: Four to six minutes.

By the way, two opportunities for me to step out of my comfort zone have passed me by during the Table Topics session. Basically one has 10 seconds to think when shown the question before talking for 1-2mins.

Perhaps i was still testing the water. Or perhaps i was still afraid... afraid of making myself look dumb. Afraid of not meeting the expectation of others. I am my worst critic but i guess it's time to take that leap of faith and show myself what im capable of by doing this first project.

I would love to write impromptu but im not yet as good as someone i know who can cook up something decent within minutes. Perhaps soon enough. =)

1 comment:

TheHoopoe said...

That's the way to go! You signed up!! Great dude :)
And thanks for the compliment ... it's my inborn nature ... hahahah