Tuesday, August 19, 2008

PM's speech

Pm's speech was rather long but it was pretty interesting. But that's the problem with me. I find things interesting and insightful but if you ask me what i liked about it, i cant really answer much in detail.

I liked how he put things in perspective in respect of the ERP. The amount of money drivers are saving now compared to the year 2000 when vehicle related taxes are much higher. Now, vehicle related taxes have reduced significantly and even when you take into the account the number of *beeps* you hear when your car passes thru a gantry, u actually save. He gave the amount as $54. I'm intrested to noe how they derive at the numbers but that would mean ive got to do a degree in Economics instead.

Of course this entry isnt an analysis of his speech. Its just that i simply love how he is able to talk for more than an hour and 30 minutes (coz this was where i fell asleep) without relying too much on his notes.

I like how he's able to talk about 10 different issues at great length without much pause. The speech simply flows like water! Maybe that's why he's the PM, or maybe he rehearsed plenty of time before the speech, who knows. I know that its definitely not because he is a chinese. If only i can speak half as well as him.

No comments: