Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ambitions.......dreams......aspirations

What do i want to be when i grow up? Or is it what do ur parents want u to be when u grow up?

Its a damn hard question for me to answer.Lately, these questions have crossed my mind a couple of time..... so wat better way is there to work on it besides writing my thoughts on it! A doctor? A teacher? Or a pilot? There's so many things to choose from but i dun even noe where to begin with!

Last week, me and my other Malay schoolmates who were part of a mentoring programme organized by the Malay/Muslim organisation called Mendaki were told to fill up some information on a piece of paper. On the paper was 10 blanks to fill in. The first 5 blanks were for this question: List 5 fields of studies you would like to know more about (eg. medical).Took a look at the next part....: List 5 jobs that u want to be attached to. Well, the questions weren't exactly phrased this way though.... but close to what i've stated.

I was like....huh???? A couple of jobs crossed my mind lah. Teacher. Engineer. Haha..... man.... this is the only 2 things that i know lah. Eh...actually, i dun even noe wat an engineer does lah!!

THere were a couple of frens who happened to be ard me while i was doing this filling up thingy. Haha....they suggested stuffs like vet (eeyer!)..... farmer??? .... and the one of the things one of them said was Chef....hha..... very good idea lah. POWER!!.... so now that's 3 things i had in mind already lah. I decided to take a look at what other people wrote on their paper and boy did i nearly died of heart attack. There were people who put petrochemist, pediatrician, nanoscientist, hotel manager, economist,psychologist.... and many other cheem jobs.... ANd there i was thinkin along the line of a primary school kid lah! Teacher, doctor, pilot, firefighter, policeman......

Den today, my form tutor messaged me to hand in this Career-Fair-talk-signing-up-thingy by today. KK....she didnt messaged me. She messaged my fren to pass the message to me. Wah.... my fren got this message right b4 physics lecture. I was damn shocked lah coz i TOTALLY forgot abt this thing. Cleanly forgotten abt it! Searched through my files couldnt find anything lah.Den since the lecturer was facing some difficulty trying to switch on the projector....i decided to look for it in my locker lah....so i told my fren tt i'll be off for quite sometime. HHAha.....and i went out of lecture! Wah.....den i searched and searched all the files i had in the locker but dun hv! DEn i walk and walk ard skool to look for ppl whom i think may have the paper lah.... but to no avail. Den i saw Michelle who said that Qiuteng had left the thingy in class and now its missing. Den Jun han suggested a damn brilliant suggestion lah-- go to the box and photocopy from other class... wah! I should hv thought of tt. By then, it was already maths tutorial lah.... but this was a die-die-must-get-it-done situation....so i went and asked uncle to photocopy 2 sets...one for Michelle.... den my instructions got so damn unclear tt the uncle only phtocopied one. So must wait a while more to get it done.... Den i rushed back to maths tutorial......

So after all this beating-around-the-bush..... i was only going to talk about this career-fair-talk-signing up- thingy. Basically we must choose the talks we wanted to attend. At least 3 talks. So i was looking through the options. This was where the "what do i want to be when i grow up" question crossed my mind again lah. To cut the story short..... i chose 4 talks-- the one by MCYS(social worker...psychologist....thereapist..), the one by Singapore General Hospital..... the Engineering one.... and the Banking and Finance one. Just curious what exactly banking and finance ppl do sia....

Then the letter i got from the Air Force made Pilot another option of mine. So what exactly am i interested in? I'm not so sure......

Sien.... today damn sien. Maybe having 4 periods of physics in one day overworked my brain. No wonder every wednesdae i damn exhausted lah!! Coz of physics, maths and chem!! Den i tot american idol is 2 hr todae sia.....kena cheated..... so decided to just share with the world what i want to sae..... and maybe....sleep a while.... coz tonite will be a long nite....i hope. Need to plan my plan for the days and weeks to come.

So what are your ambitions? Are they wat u aspire to be? Or are they merely dreams? Like what Vickram said on speech day...."Dreams are only castles on clouds if u dun do anything about it."

SO wake up.... and start doing something..... and put in ur best effort to make ur dreams come true! All e best!!

No comments: