Saturday, July 23, 2005

Dog Alert Part 2

Dog alert...
Was on my way home after prayers today...on the train.... The train was decelerating as it entered the station..."Sembawang..." said the voice in the speaker inside the train.

I stood in front of the door and scanned thru the ppl who were waiting at the platform for the train to finally stop.... skali I saw to guys in blue walking their dog on the train platform... i was like what the?!?!

Dogs on MRT platform?? Cmon lah.... but b4 i continue....lemme add tt e guys in blue are policemen....and their dog must've been some sniffer dog i guess.... most prob looking for e scent of bomb instead of drugs.... hmm.... hv to be on high alert the next time i step out of the train...

Anw...i was like thinking.... what if i was approaching towards where the police and their dog were... not knowing tt there was a dog there in the first place... den when i see e dog, i turned back and walk another way...(not coz i hv any bombs and all...but coz i hate dogs..)... wat if the policeman told me to stop and all but i still walked away.... wat if the release the dog and tell it to bite me... tts the worse thing tt could happen lah! I rather them shoot me than get tt dog near me.. lol...

But on a more serious note, how effective are the measures tt are being taken by Singapore in the fight against terrorism? Knew abt the latest bombing in London just tis morning...;)... and saw 3 policemen at the ticket gantry at the mrt station on my way to skool...

How do they know who carry bombs and who do not? Wat if a kid wearing skool uniform carrying a big bag passed by them?.... Chances are he'll make it thru.... The Newpaper should probably try this experiment....

What about leaving my big skool bag on the train on my way to skool? Like i told vijay, i bet no one will report abt it from where my journey began...to marina bay....to Jurong east....and back to marina bay.... Singpaporean, like the article in ST mentioned yesterday, will hope that the one next to them will call the police.... lol... true...

Wats after police and dogs at Mrt station? Thermal scanners?.. Bomb detectors? Where? Mrt stations only? What abt shopping centres? Skools? Bus interchange? Scary thoughts.... scary future.... hope for the best...

Yesterdae night
8-6 again.... if u hadnt been following my blog, 8-6 means tt i slept from 8-6. LOL! Dunnoe why lah....suddenly so so sleepy.... hock must hv GENEROUSLY "donated" his "virus" to me! haha...

Sociology lecture yesterday
Realised tt i m the onli guy in class goin for tt talk.... not tt it bothers me one bit... den when i entered the LT(by myself)... i first saw the girl wif the green sweater(jacket?)... lol... but tink she never see me lah.... maybe she did... haha... coz my eyes went straight to the ppl calling me... the gurls frm my class.... haha... anw, the tok rather enriching...talked abt youth and consumption and how consuming gives u a sense of stability and how gurls like shopping...

hhaa...my conclusion after the talk: ill be the last person a girl wants to go out wif coz firstly, i watch my spending wisely...not tt i hv lots of cash to begin with ...haha... meaning i consume less and acc. to wat i imply the lecturer had said, it makes me a less stable person? haha... and gurls wudnt want an unstable person would they?

And girls like to go shopping.... and i dun.... well...i do shop, only when my mum's ard...HAAH!!! ... which means to say tt for the rest of my life, my lunch date will all be with guys...(if u dun catch no ball, read my previous entry)...lol..

Sermon during Friday prayers....
They kind of condemned attacks made by the terrorist and how these grp of ppl give Islam a bad image.... And i was like thinking.... with regards to the London Bombings.... was it done in the name of God? I dun recall reading any articles tt said tt this was done in the name of Islam... (not tt i'm reading diligently lately)...

So my point being.... just becoz the guys who blew things up are Muslims mean tt Islam is responsible for them doing such things. Such things shuldnt be called terrorism since in today's society, terrorism=islamic extremism... these things shuld just be called violence.... or a series of unfortunate events tt claimed many lifes...Oops...i mean..lives... My thoughts to those victims of the blast....

Hair...
Latest comment abt my hair by Andrew... make me look like a "goodie goodie malay guy..."... lol!... And my reply, at least it makes me look less like a terrorist... haha... and yup.... still retro....

Multi religious exchange during lunch...
Hanged wif ppl i nvr hanged wif during lunch and cant believe we talked abt religion... well not multi religious lah.... just 2 religions.... islam and christianity... wahlao... one of the guys evn thot tt muslims practised "Muslinism"... hah!! There were 4 christians and a "goodie goodie malay boy" at the "conference"...hhaa...Anw.... me not knowing my own religion well enuff are some of the limitations of tt exchange.... but they knew abt my side and i knew abt their side.... well, i think they talked abt my side more than their side.... haha... if only i knew more of my religion... and could convince them even further... But i can see tt they're very very open abt things.... and hope tt things will slowly open up for them...

Meet the parents meeting
Yup... so true the phrase meet the parents. Its the teachers who want to meet the parents and not the other way round. So am home early to fetch my mama...

ML drama later... heard frm tauhid tt some fella said tt "the least guys like us could do is to usher and to do it well".... tauhid mentioned tt it was a sarcastic remark...haha.... tis was said during the meeting i cleanly forgot abt...

Anw, i hv to add tt the least guys like them could do is to treat guys like us with greater respect coz at least evn though we dun really want to... we came and help... erms.... dunnoe if the same applies to me lah coz my mama wants to do her work... and ttll be like after five... and if we do end early, i will hv to send her home... U must b wondering..wHy cant i let her come and go alone? ... well i just hv to sae tt she's just a special individual in my life... i dun tok abt family unless ure really 'in the zone'... my inner circle of frens i mean..

Yuying!! Finally can see signs tt ure online...
Haha...signs... "distant"...ya....felt the same way too... =)

No comments: