Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sven Jaschan and the Sasser worm


Peaceful and quiet 21st. I like it subtle. I had hoped for a dark chocolate truffle from The Royals but i was too lazy to step out of home to get one. The nearest outlet was at Choa Chu Kang. Maybe someday when I really feel like it.


Spent the day within the four blue walls of my room -- doing computing and chemistry as well as lots of idling. And I guess now it's time for me to sleep. I'd like to share a little from a news clipping i came across online:

It's about Sven Jaschan,19,an introverted teenager, who spent up to 10 hours a day in front of his computer in the family home, creating a 15 page long code -- later called the "Sasser" computer worm --which crippled hospitals, closed banks, grounded planes and trains, and even delayed the Taiwanese post.

And the evening of his 18th birthday, he hit "send" and launched the virus on the web.
The scary aspect of spending the day on the computer, writing and debugging programs. And instead of frustration, i derive enjoyment. But do not worry for i am fine.

21.

1 comment:

TheHoopoe said...

Happy Birthday :)

It's just a number, anyways...