Monday, April 5, 2010

Istikhaarah: Seeking Guidance




O Allah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge and by Your power I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favour, for verily You are able while I am not and verily You know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allah, if You know this affair -

"My being in the University with all its struggles and my being distracted with the sweet distraction (although I don't think I'm *that* distracted but my friend thinks I am)"

- to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless me with it, and if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it, and decree for me what is good wherever it be and make me satisfied with such.

.... Du'aa of Istikhaarah


NB: In orange is this writer's own affairs. Replace it with affairs of your own. There is, however, a proper way to make this prayer. But since this writer is new to this concept, he'll start with the du'aa. Insyaallah, in time he'll find out. This writer would also like to thank the individuals responsible for making Thursday's talk possible as well as the individual(s) responsible for moving him to attend the talk. May you have benefited from the session as much as I did.


1 comment:

marzuki said...

A day later, there was a sign. Or perhaps, I wanted it to be sign.

And later that day, on the train, in the midst of sleeping, I realized that she's good for me in relation to:

1)my religion - I wouldnt have been to the talk that changed the way I look at things.

2)my life - I wouldnt have been as driven. At least there's sthg to strive towards.

3)my end - I went blank. Will she be good for my end. This requires time and some getting to know. But my gut tells me she will be. Or at least until the day she changes her status update on FB.

If we're meant to be, we're meant to be ey? Patience.