Friday, June 24, 2005

A rare day post.....


During my meddling with the templates and all.... i realised that time hadn't waited for me. Hours after hours simply slipped away without me even realising it. Well i guess that's one of the many characteristics of me.... and i am not proud to admit it. At least i realise this bad charactheristic of mine and shall vow never to waste my time anymore. (Erms...wonder if this is ever possible)..... If any half and hour simply slips away without me doing anything fruitful, i better slap myself in the face to remind myself that i m wasting my time. Hmm.... and my religious teacher have been bugging me for the Yassin which i should have memorised by now, coz it has been almost 6 mths and i hav yet to be even bothered to memorise it lah... haha.... yeah... i keep telling him i got no time memorising tt 6 pages frm the Quran coz of my "busy JC schedule".... and week after week he keeps asking me if i'm ready or not... Waaaah!! haha... i guess tts one thing i could do when i begin to switch to "idle mode" .... haha.... must do something quick to "appease" tt restless soul of his.... heh...

and just to briefly mention that the Malay language has started to creep into this blog of mine. Some malay was used in the entry or two before this one. Malay hv suddenly been appeaering in my tag board.... haha...i guess that's coz Malays have found their way into this "secret" blog of mine.... It used to be an all chinese readership coz the majority of ppl in my immediate circle of friends are chinese.... haha...."this IS singapore".... well, theres even a point where ppl said that ive become "more chinese"...hehe..... lucky theres now Malays who have entered the circle to balance things up.... i sometimes wonder whether i should use Malay or english when replying their tags....hees..

.....anw, i noticed that my blog appears differently on IE 6.0 and Firefox. Well, it's so me to make my blog friendly to users of the respective browsers but.... i realised it took too much of my time... Well, to the users of both browsers, i can't please both parties just yet (though i noe only 6% of the people using my blog uses Firefox).... so my recommendation is to check out Firefox by clicking the button below my tagboard. The next best thing is to make do with wat u see on the screen lah. Haha... when its TOTALLY not readable.... or when u find tt the degrees of ur specs are increasing.... do alert me ya!

Hmm....i am repeating this time and again. ALI!! 4 daes to the mids. And yea....i'll do my best! I noe when one gives his best, he'll achieve his fullest. But haha..... i dunnoe what i'll achieve even if i give my best. But this is short-term thinking....i must think long term.

During sirah(religious history) yesterdae, the Ustaz told us that when Prophet Yusuf prepared Egypt for the 7 years of famine which came after the 7 years of excellent harvest, he did not simply have a goal in mind-- which is to ensure that there's food to go around during the famine. Yes he had a goal. But the ustaz said that having a goal is not enough. To ensure survival thru the 7 years of famine, the prophet put in 7 years of constant hardwork and management into it. Linking history to present times, that teacher of mine told his audience yesterday that when kids like us say that we want to be a "grade A" student in 5 years time, we will get no where if we don't put that 5 years of hard work.... That part really hit me hard lah. Coz when i have goals, i realise that most of the time, i don't actually put in the amount of hard work i should be putting in. I know it's possible to achieve the goals i set.... but like i mentioned earlier, that equal share of hard work has to be put in too.... something for u and me to really think about.

and oh....been having a hard time keeping that "new found spirit" of the twins burning... haiz.... must persevere..... and not give up on them..... hehe...

So that's it for todae..... -a limited edition DAY blog-

No comments: