Friday, September 23, 2005

Apologies....

My profound apologies to people who dun have a clue as to what today's entries mean. Not that all this doesnt concerns you. Not just yet.

This concerns everyone. THe "Sign of the day of judgement" concerns everyone.

This is what Ali does when he locks himself up in his room all day like today. Woke up at 6.00 today. Bathed and prayed and read the Book. Went online to seek food for my curious mind....saw a site where i can download books from. THOSE kind of books. Doubts and questions were the things which made me really disturbed. Ate little for breakfast at 10.00. After which i went back to my room to read more. Took a short prayer break at 1.00. And slept till 5. Bathed and eat. And locked myself in my room again till now, reading and learning about stuffs.

Simple day huh? Well... my kind of life. The side of me u didnt noe about. Until now....

That's why going to the movies(even though just once) is such a "scary" thing for me to do. My day is more or less the same everyday-- the Book, prayers, and school. Having to step out of my house is one of the things i rarely do on off days like today, what more going to the movies and so on. Btw, i read a fatwa of a shaikh this morning: "There is no doubt today that television is haraam(forbidden). Today, ninety-nine percent of what is on television is evil, licentious, immoral,forbidden, and so on, while one percent of it has some shows presented that are of benefit to some people."

In islam, there's the halal which everyone noes about and theres also the haraam(aka the not halal). To put it briefly, doing things which are haraam = sinning. Thus, to watch or not to watch. What do u think?

In the movies, u see people doing all sorts of things wearing all sorts of things.... its a battle i m fighting, my desires vs the promise of heaven, the wrath of hell. My choice: the latter. But u noe the Devil.... sometimes even i sucumb to desires.

Well, my point being, the actual reason why i dun do some stuffs like going to the movies and so on isnt as simple as u and i think. Theres levels of thoughts being put into it.

And haha.... i find it odd.... trying to expl to u why i dun go to the movies.

But let's put it this way. U are promised paradise if u do the things u are told to do and avoid doing things that u arent allowed to do-- as simple as that. Will u STILL do the things u NOE u musnt do?

and before i end today's series of entries, i really have to apologise if i may have offended any of u guys. And sorry if today's entries seem WAY off tangent with any other previous entries of mine.

No comments: