Friday, September 23, 2005

Salafi

Having read so many articles in one day, my view on my religion has really widened. But having said that, one cant learn much on his own. He needs a teacher.....

"Even the most perfect athlete will look for a trainer when he prepares to climb a high mountain. A big factory employs master workmen and foremen, as well as engineers. A worker who begins to work in such a factory learns the basic aspects of his job first from this master workman and then from his foreman. If he tries to see the chief engineer before learning them, he will not understand anything from the engineer's words and calculations. Even the best gun expert cannot correctly use a new gun given to him unless he is first taught how to use it." Right shak?

looking at people within Islam "shooting" one another....i find it rather disturbing. I know that such things existed but I never really got myself "involved" in such things knowing that such things weren't meant for kids like me. That such things werent of great concern to kids like me. Well i aint a kid no more. No matter how much i wanna stay 6, 10 or 17 all my life, i noe i cant. Hence the change in me(for the first time,i'm accepting the transition!).

I dun find it disturbing to see islam "shooting" other religions as mentioned in my September 6 entry. But i find it hard to accept differences in views within the same religion. The 4 mazhabs....the 4 imams....

Which mazhabs did the imams belong to? They were Salafis.
The Salafis view the first three generations of Muslims, who are the prophet Muhammad's companions, and the two succeding generations after them, the Taba'een and the taba Tabe'een as perfect examples of how Islam should be practiced in everyday life. These three generations are often referred to as the Pious generations. This principle of law is derived from the following hadith (tradition) stated by the Prophet Muhammad: "The best of people is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them (i.e. the first three generations of Muslims)." (Reported by Bukhari and Muslim b. al-Hajjaj).

Was really intrigued by what i've learned the whole of today. Shant spend too much time on this though. Answers will come to me in time to come,God willing. In the mean time, better focus on my As.

And btw, my consolation prize for today:

The most infamous Salafi is Osama Bin Laden. =)

No comments: